Finding a job is necessary for regular income source. When you have to look for a job, you need to submit your resume. What is a resume? What does it do? Is there a guarantee that you will be absolutely successful in winning job, receiving interview calls and attractive pay package? These are some of the questions that come to your mind.
What is a Resume?
Your resume is a document that details a summary of your skills, education, works that you can do and your accomplishments. For a HR manager, your resume gives a quick view about what you can do, whether you will be able to supply your skills, whether you are qualified and several other parameters of your education, academic projects, knowledge base etc., are entirely reviewed just by going through your resume.
What are the jobs available?
There are millions of jobs and professions to choose your career. Some of the self-employed professionals work as electricians, plumbers, engineers and several others choose to offer individual services. Therefore, to find a job, you should make sure that you have enough professional knowledge or education to apply for a job. Sometimes, job seekers get settled in a different field as they could not find any job that meets the criteria with their education. This can happen and at that time, you need take some time to find the right job opportunity and go on with the present job.
Read about Best Job sites 2016
How should you write your Resume?
Writing a resume may be a very big difficult task for you. But to know about resume writing, you can take the benefit of Internet and find loads of information on resume writing. Go through the resume samples and find out about the resume templates, formats, font style, font size and conversion of doc to pdf.
Further there are many free resume templates to download, Free Resume Templates
To create your Resume, take easy help from Resume Genius,
Free Resume Templates
- As you choose your resume template, start work on your resume by first adding your name and contact details.
- Add your education; Name of course, college, year completed and if you are a fresher - include GPA
- Prepare a list of skills that boost your confidence to work well, if you are recruited.
- It is very important to add only those skills that you feel, you are capable of.
- Work experience is the most important section and your resume success rate is highly depending on what-and-how you write your work experience section
- Volunteer service or Member of any professional organizations can also be included
- What kind of job you in search of?
- Do you have enough qualifications to fit in?
- Do you have set of skills required for the job?
- What salary package are you looking for?
- The job position you are interested viz., junior, middle-level, upper-middle-level, senior level
- Whom do you want to write your resume? You or a professional resume writer
How to write your first resume
Mistakes to avoid while writing a Resume
There are hundreds of resumes that never receive a go-through as most of the resumes do not contain what HR managers are looking for in your resume. Secondly, a resume with grammatical errors, poor language and with just unwanted jargon can never be shortlisted. So, what are those mistakes that HR managers do not like to see in your resume?
- Unimportant words and responsibilities that are irrelevant to the specific job
- Too many graphs, photographs
- Too many lines
- Large unclear font
- Too long sentences
- Incorrect information
- Irrelevant / general career objective
To be successful in winning a job, your resume requires not only good presentation, but also best words that focus your skills and also detail more about your capabilities in contributing to the organizations.
Contact me for your Resume writing - email@example.com
6 Things you can learn from job boards
10 Items to banish from your resume
Networking for economics Majors: Getting contacts for job search
Read 9 mistakes you can't afford to make
Are you giving off signs you're a desperate job seeker?
My Boss Told me 'You're Lucky to have a job
How to write a human-voiced Resume?