Not finding your dream job? Disappointed? Still trying and making more efforts to apply for many more jobs to stand first in getting a good job? Pause for a while and take a break. It is time for you to take another view of your resume. Because there is so much of competition out there that if your resume is not perfect even by one percent, you may have to forgo the opportunity. Working thoroughly on your resume that has not only details about you, but also relevant keywords in an organized manner. This is why, you need to start re-working on it to make it more highlighted.
Global employment chart - 2015 (OECD)
With Internet revolution, there is maximum growth in jobs. With online education programs, many fresh graduates have successfully got placed in Fortune 500 companies. But at every step, your resume speaks.
This makes it mandatory to prepare your resume in Grade I style. With access to job portals, applying for jobs that match with your education, work experience and skills, it is just a click away. After submission of application, you wait for an interview call.
Both for domestic and international jobs, there are efficient job portals that help you finding a suitable placement. More info can be accessed here: International careers and job portals
Now comes the most important aspect. How to write an effective, job winning resume? There are scores of Resume writing agencies globally offering services.
How to choose a good resume writing service? Look for their track of success in jobs. Does their resume preparation guarantees a job? True that your profile matters at least 85 percent to win a job, but the remaining 15 percent necessarily completes a major responsibility to write a quality resume. Follow the checklist :
- Avoid negative words
- Avoid too many adjectives
- Crisp, concise, brief, organized information
- Best and worst words to use on a resume
- Check grammar
- Special emphasis on your skills, expertise, service track,
- Impressive and appealing resume format
- Professional look
- Fully markets your caliber
According to World bank, nearly billion people are not in labor force and in this data, majority are women. It also states that nearly 600 million jobs are added globally for the next decade to keep the employment safe and stable.
Global Unemployment Data
So, on one side, there is unemployment and on the other side, there is a need for skill in industrial and corporate sector. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are few occupations with the most job growth.
But there are few prospective careers for future. Read 7 careers for the future
Follow the checklist to finalize your resume:
- Clear mentioning of your name in English (All uppercase letters)
- Address, Email, Contact Number
- Profile summary / career objective
- Specialized skills (Technical and non-technical)
- Work experience
- Memberships / volunteer services
Paying more attention to every word that combines not only accuracy but also includes value for a resume and gets quick response.
How to spot lies (and great work) in a resume
18 steps to upgrade your resume