In search of a good job? Plan to know more about job search?There are many talented job seekers still in search of a good job and they do not know exactly where to start. The point is, it begins with your resume. How to write content for your resume
Never give up on applying for job and keep remodeling your resume for different jobs.
Why your resume is so important? Because it has all the info that a company is in search of to hire you. Note that company is likely to hire you only when they find you as a prospective candidate. How to be a prospective candidate?
- First, read the job description thoroughly.
- Assess whether you are capable of doing job tasks assigned in the job description
- Recall your past work experience / internships to examine whether you did those related jobs / equipped you with the skills needed
- Analyze, why your resume will be short-listed for interview?
- What are your strong solid skills that will impress hiring manager
- Why should they hire you?
- Will you be an engaging / non-engaging employee?
- What expectations do you have about your new job that you are applying?
- Are you sure that you will be called for an interview? If so, why will they call you?
- You need to rework on your resume to make it ready-to-go-through appropriately in order with the job description
- Choose keywords for the job and arrange them systematically
- Avoid fillers / do not add extra content that is not required for job
- Quote and highlight your skills essential for the job
- Ensure that your resume satisfies hiring manager. Read why can't I get job with my resume
- Know what hiring managers wish to see in your resume - Here's exactly what hiring managers look for in a resume
- Be specific on your job tasks as it conveys your capabilities to execute works
- Add your recent education / certification on top in education section
- Choose an appealing resume format that quickly highlights your profile
Tips on where to submit your Resume
Identify prospective job sites that offer free and premium job search services. List of job sites
Upload your resume and profile details. Thereafter, apply for jobs regularly. If contact details are provided, call the company and give follow-up. Companies will appreciate your interest and you are likely to get hired.
Read- Global unemployment to rise by 3.4 million in two years, report says
Know about video resume as this is the latest buzz in the world of job search.. Read Top 5 Tips for Creating Impressive Video Resumes
How to write cover letter
Cover letter can be between 250-350 words and it must have an overall view about your profile and why you are applying for the job and how you meet the requirements of the company. It must convey that you are the perfect candidate for the job.
Applying for a job can be a challenging task as you need to work really hard on your resume. But getting fully acquainted with your skills, capabilities and confidence levels. Apart from an effective resume, it is your effort to prepare well for an interview.
You now have to apply for 27 jobs just to get 1 interview
25 job skills to leave off your resume
You and recruiters: Engaging your job search afterburners
Quick and simple job searching is at your finger tips
How to get your perfect post-college job
Workpop and the Internet job placement competition 2016